Glen Gordon, our local evangelist is doing another road show. Here are the event details.
Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:00 PM – Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:00 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Welcome Time: 12:30 PM
Atlanta Marriot Alpharetta
5750 Windward Pkwy
Alpharetta Georgia 30005
Azure Services Platform, Microsoft technologies, Windows and Windows 7.
Glen Gordon, Joe Healy
MSDN Events presents: Take Your Applications Sky High with Cloud Computing and the Windows Azure Platform
Join your local MSDN Events team as we take a deep dive into cloud computing and the Windows Azure Platform. We’ll start with a developer-focused overview of this new platform and the cloud computing services that can be used either together or independently to build highly scalable applications. As the day unfolds, we’ll explore data storage, SQL Azure, and the basics of deployment with Windows Azure. Register today for these free, live sessions in your local area.
If you register and attend this event, you will be placed in a raffle to win a chance to bring home one (1) free copy of Windows 7 – you could be the lucky winner! Register today!
SESSION 1: Overview of Cloud Computing and Windows Azure
The Windows Azure platform is a set of high-performance cloud computing services that can be used together or independently and enable developers to leverage existing skills and familiar tools to develop cloud applications. In this session, we’ll provide a developer-focused overview of this new online service computing platform. We’ll explore the components, key features and real day-to-day benefits of Windows Azure.
· What is cloud computing?
· Running web and web service applications in the cloud
· Using the Windows Azure and local developer cloud fabric
· Getting started – tools, SDKs and accounts
· Writing applications for Windows Azure
SESSION 2: Survey of Windows Azure Platform Storage Options
Durable data storage is a key component of any cloud computing offering. The Windows Azure Platform offers many options, which can be used alone or in combination. Windows Azure itself offers ready-to-use and lightweight storage in the form of tables, blobs, and queues. Another choice for storage is SQL Azure, a true relational database in the cloud. In this session, we’ll explore the highlights of these implementations and how to both create and use storage in each form. We’ll give you guidance on choosing the right forms of storage for your application scenarios.
· Understanding table & blob storage
· Programming against table & blob storage
· Working with queue storage
· Managing credentials and connection strings
· Scaling and configuration
· Understanding SQL Azure databases versus local SQL Server databases
· SQL Azure firewall, logins and passwords
· Database creation, deployments and migrations
· Database management using SQL Management Studio
· Programming against SQL Azure databases
SESSION 3: Going Live with your Azure Solution
Windows Azure features a powerful, yet simple deployment model. By focusing on your application and abstracting away the infrastructure details, you can deploy almost any app with minimal fuss. In this session, we’ll walk you through the basics of Windows Azure deployment, including site monitoring, diagnostics and performance issues.
· Start-to-Finish Visual Studio demonstration of a realistic XML data driven business web site from the desktop to the cloud.
· Windows Azure Deployments
· Start-to-Finish Visual Studio demonstration of a realistic SQL Server data driven business web site from the desktop to the cloud.
· Configuration of your application in the cloud
· Guidance and Suggestions to ensure your success
*Be sure to learn more about the TechNet event happening on the same day at the same location from 8:30am–12:00pm. If you are interested in attending, please register separately for that event here: http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032439495&Culture=en-US
Here is the link to this event: