I started new CodePlex project for controls for Windows Phone 7. One control I needed for my next application is calendar control. I could not find one, so I started thinking about one a little while ago. Today I published an alpha version of calendar control. You can find it here http://wpcontrols.codeplex.com/.
Calendar control supports the following features in the initial release:
- Next/Previous month buttons
- Ability to provide converters to color day number or date cell background
- Ability to select a date and apply background color
- Data binding to SelectedDate
Calendar also supports the following events
- MonthChanging is fired before calendar is rebuilt for the next month. Can be used to setup data for converters
- MonthChanged is fired after calendar is rebuilt for new month/year
- SelectionChanged is fired when a user selects a date
As part of download, you are provided with a working sample that shows how to do converters and calendar control without converters.
Here is the markup you can use in both cases:
Sample calendar control:
Converter simply have to implement a simple interface with one method:
Of course, instead of hard-coded date you can drive them based off your data on the phone. On a second note, if you need a simple, easy to use, yet powerful database for your Windows Phone 7 application, check out my other project on CodePlex: http://winphone7db.codeplex.com/
Here is what the control looks like on the phone: